Rendering of Composite Glyphs

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
ClintGoss

Rendering of Composite Glyphs

Post by ClintGoss »

I'm getting corrupt output for glyphs that have two levels of composites. My "1/6" fraction is a composite, where the "6" is a glyph which itself is a single member composite. Both level of compositing perform a reposition on the glyph, and the second reposition is lost.

This only happens on from Excel printing directly to a LaserJet. All other rendering paths are AOK: FontCreator itself, Word on-screen, Word to LaserJet, Word to PDF to Acrobat, Word to PDF to LaserJet, Word to LaserJet, Excel on-screen, Excel to PDF to Acrobat, Excel to PDF to LasedJet ... all AOK.

Fractions that are simple glyphs have no such issues.

I'm clueless about rendering engines, and I'm not sure whether to pursue this issue, or chalk it up to "well, some rendering engines just don't cut it." That's really why I'm asking for advice.

I can provide images, but I'm not sure that's important ... I'm really asking: are these the type of problems one encounters with rendering engines?

Is there a way to update the rendering engine? Where does the rendering engine live?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Rendering of Composite Glyphs

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This export option might fix the issue.
Decompose Scaled Composites.png
Decompose Scaled Composites.png (11.61 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
Otherwise, use the Font Info dialog to locate glyphs with a Max. Component Depth > 1 (double-click on the dialog entry to locate the glyphs).
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ClintGoss

Re: Rendering of Composite Glyphs

Post by ClintGoss »

Oh that is really excellent ... Thank you!