FC 14 - Font Properties

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Boris007

FC 14 - Font Properties

Post by Boris007 »

I am a abonent of FontCreator and have installed the current version 14.
What has struck me: with "Font Properties" a new representation which differs, unfortunately, very much from the previous (for many years in it accustomed) is used. In pdf, as well as in the Online Help still the old version is described against it. Can the representation be changed in version 14 on the older version? Or can the "Online Help" be adapted (maybe with tips for changes)?
Regards
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: FC 14 - Font Properties

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The help file is very much needed because of the major changes to FontCreator, but unfortunately the sole developer has not had time to complete the work yet. It will be done as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, my amateur video on Arranging Panels and Toolbars might help you get started with the new Panels.

I keep the old version 13 installed and install FontCreator 14 in a new folder with this command line:

Code: Select all

"%UserProfile%\Downloads\FontCreatorSetup-x64.exe" /DIR="C:\Program Files\High-Logic FontCreator 14"
I save my FontCreator 14 project files in a new folder to avoid mixing them up. New projects cannot be opened in older versions. This way I can continue to work on my fonts while adjusting to the changes in the new version.

Many changes were necessary to support variable fonts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Boris007

Post by Boris007 »

Thanks for the response - in something like that I had already thought.
I will have a look at your video's sometimes to complete my knowledge.
Regards
Boris007

Post by Boris007 »

Hello, one more remark to the new version: however, the representation of "Glyph Properties" also very needs getting used to. In the version 13 the representation of the "Glyph Properties" was better - my appraisal. But maybe I am also too old to be able to estimate the whole innovations properly.
Regards
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

With the new glyph properties panel, you can make changes to multiple glyphs at once. Just select several glyphs within the font overview panel.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology