Create a Devanagari Glyph

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Priyesh

Create a Devanagari Glyph

Post by Priyesh »

How can I start to create a devanagari script glyph? I'm able to see just latin script.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Create a Devanagari Glyph

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Add the Devanagari character set from the Insert Character dialog. Double-click the first in the range, then Shift+Double-click the last to add them all.

Then starting drawing your glyphs in the Glyph Edit Window for each added character that you want.
Insert Devanagari Characters.png
Insert Devanagari Characters.png (24.97 KiB) Viewed 5787 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Priyesh

Post by Priyesh »

Thank you Bhikkhu brother!
could you guide me please how to add some extra glyphs (I think those would be without unicode code-points) for ligatures, because devanagari script has so many ligatures.
Thanks in advance!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have no experience of making Devanagari fonts. Take a close look at an existing font to see how the ligatures are drawn and see the OpenType editor to see how glyph substitutions are used to display ligature glyphs that have no code-points.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Priyesh

Post by Priyesh »

Thanks!