MT slow to display some fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

MT slow to display some fonts

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

Hello! I like to use those decorated initals fonts. They are complicated fonts and often have path errors. I know this. MT seems to have a difficult time displaying them and it slows the loading process of the entire font list, even if there are only a couple of these certain fonts in the folder. At times it is painfully slow. So I put all these "hard" fonts in a folder together so they don't slow down the regular font list displays, that way when I need to view them, I am prepared for the painful delays in display. I am sure the fault is in the fonts.

But I have seen other font-viewer programs display that same list of "hard fonts" VERY quickly and without hesitation. Is there some way to speed this process in MT? Please save the time and don't suggest to do disk-defrag or disk maintenance or something of the like.

-BGM
opeter

Re: MT slow to display some fonts

Post by opeter »

I think MainType doesn't have any type of caching. That is one of the main problems, when loading the previews... I wish the next version would have something, like this.