fonts will not stay loaded

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
crewmember

fonts will not stay loaded

Post by crewmember »

I recently switched to a Vista Home Premium system using Main Type and PageMaker 7, since that is what client still uses. Now many of fonts in document will not stay loaded. I have to reload the same fonts everytime I open the document. In this case it is Garamond Book Condensed, Myriad Cond and Myriad Tilt. I don't have a lot of fonts even loaded in system, since I had to totally start over with new computer. Never had a problem with XP.
Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: fonts will not stay loaded

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If you "Load" fonts they only remain installed until you reboot your computer. That is what "Load" does.

If you "Install" fonts they remain installed until you uninstall them.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

I have EXACTLY the same problem and I have used "install" not load. The font show as "installed" but in Pagemaker, CS, CS4, they all as NOT installed. They are all Type 1fonts. I have to open MainType, find each one, uninstall and then reinstall and then they show up. But I cannot close the document or the same thing happens with the same fonts. Where is the bug? VIsta, or font managment?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You have the same problem as... yourself?

If you are running an older version, then it is good to know we did fix an issue with PostScript Type 1 fonts on Windows x64 with the release of MainType 3 back in March 2010.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology