will not recognize fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
crewmember

will not recognize fonts

Post by crewmember »

I downloaded three fonts, two ttf and one opentype. I cannot get it to see the new fonts i want to use. Have shut down computer and tried twice, no luck, they do not appear in the library, any way to force it manually to see a font? I also tried downloading the newest version and no luck, errors, couldn't delete older version. Should I delete it and then reload the update?
thankss
León Fridsma

Re: will not recognize fonts

Post by León Fridsma »

Are the fonts in one of your library path and have you refreshed your library? If so, the fonts should show up in the Recently Added view.

León
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

Well, right now can't get to that. When I opened 4.0 last it indicated there were new updates. downloaded from your site but got an error that it can't write over old files. Then when I try and start current copy of 4.0, says it "fails to initialize" and wont run. Should I uninstall and redownload? Will my current license work?

thanks for any help on this.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It depends on your current version. If it is a RC then you have to fully uninstall it as mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3557

If it is a more recent version then try to install the latest version after a reboot.

Do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

I uninstalled, and then the upgrade worked fine. It seems faster than previous versions. Could you though, explain where/how to refresh the library? I looked thu the help and on the screen but am missing that knowledge. Thanks.
Sue
León Fridsma

Post by León Fridsma »

Click Tools -> Refresh Library or use the keyboard shortcut (CTRL+R)