Asia languages

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
algrass

Asia languages

Post by algrass »

HI,
I am developing a Japanese character set loaded on both a laptop running XP SP3 and another running Windows 7 Ultimate. On both laptops the Microsoft IME is enabled and it operates correctly. However, whenever I use my Japanese font, the program (Word) automatically reverts to the default character font MS Mincho. I have tried several options but I have had no success. I guess there is a technical issue with the set of fonts that MS IME uses. Any idea how I can install my font into the MS IME subset of Asian fonts?

Best regards
Al Grasso
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Asia languages

Post by Dick Pape »

Sounds like your font is not properly installed or is not properly named as the operating system cannot find it.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Do ensure the Unicode character ranges as well as the code page characters ranges are in sync with the characters you included in your font. The Calculate buttons should usually do the hard work, but you can always look inside other similar fonts, to ensure the settings you use are correct.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
algrass

Post by algrass »

Problem resolved. It was due to the need to recalculate the range.