Disappointing new pricing model

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Ardy Haze

Disappointing new pricing model

Post by Ardy Haze »

Upgrade from MainType 5 Standard Edition to MainType 5 Professional Edition - 45.00

Why would it cost more to re-upgrade than the initial upgrade even does? High logic, indeed.

Further, I do not think it is fair that as a 4.5 owner, I should pay the same amount as someone with MainType 2.

I also noticed that the screenshot is still of MainType v.4. As far as I'm concerned, this is not a major release, and does not add $40 worth of new functionality. I would pay ~$5 for clickable star ratings and the .5 version upgrade... not $40. Also we are not even told what "Custom views" are, but I'm assuming it's nothing new.

Also, there is no mention of 4.5 in the upgrade chart. Why did I have to pay you to upgrade from 4 to 4.5, if it isn't even note-worthy enough for a mention?

I realize you need to make money, but I am insulted by the pricing model and will be skipping this "upgrade", or as I would have called it, MainType 4.6.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Disappointing new pricing model

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The upgrade from version 4 to 5 pro costs $39.

If you are happy with version 4 than that's fine.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
L07936

Post by L07936 »

I also am amazed at this. I just bought the upgrade to 4.5 on JUNE 8TH! Less than 4 months ago, and I paid $49 for that. I assumed that this upgrade was free and installed it. I will have to uninstall the version and re install my old version, if I can find it.
In the meantime, I will be looking for other font manager programs from different vendors.

UPDATE: I have found that it is impossible to retrieve version 4.5 on my own. I have emailed and called the company to request help on how to get it back. Am awaiting a reply.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

L07936 wrote:I assumed that this upgrade was free and installed it.
I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like you didn't have the latest version 4.5 installed. Then the built-in update checker did mention there is a free update, but unfortunately due to the release of MainType 5 our update checker failed to download the correct update. I can imagine you then go to our website to download it yourself, but the MainType 4.5 update is only available through the software.

We have now solved the update issue, and I will contact you right away to make sure you can continue to use our software.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology