Extra Space on Left Side of Letter

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
kingloo

Extra Space on Left Side of Letter

Post by kingloo »

There is extra space on the left side of my letters. I want to remove that. Please see the image attached. How do I do that?
Attachments
extraspace.JPG
extraspace.JPG (51.08 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Extra Space on Left Side of Letter

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You can change the side bearings using the Bearings tab of the Transform Toolbar.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

If it's on all the letters, or all over the place, I use two functions.

a. Tools/Glyph Transform/Outlines/Position -- Set to 0,0 with Map to corner or middle to align all glyphs to left side, perhaps position 0,0. This isn't right for every image, but sets all glyphs to the same position so they can be manually corrected.

b. Tools/Autometrics to set white space before (and after) characters to some nominal value. This positions the left/right bearings to consistent values. Again, this is a starting alignment to be adjusted individually by glyph.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Note that the Glyph Transformer is only available in the Pro edition of FontCreator.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Post by Dave Crosby »

In a glyph window, select View / Toolbars / Comparison. Adjust the side bearings to get what you want.
Aut nunc aut nunquam