Report Printing

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
Greycoder

Report Printing

Post by Greycoder »

The section of the utility display titled "Characters" with captions and Glyphs , or toggled to display Character maps is very useful. Unfortunately I can't print this section/window contents as a report with the captions and character sets etc. which is useful for reviewing/validateing font contents. Being able to print the entire table for review or reference while using FontCreator would be helpfull too.

I recommend adding a Print Icon to the titlebar of that section of the tools display view , and also Print-Character/Glyph report from Print tool menu.

Regards,
GC
León Fridsma

Re: Report Printing

Post by León Fridsma »

This feature was available in MainType 3, but due to it's complexity when multiple fonts were had to be printed at once we had to remove it from MainType 4. We like the idea though of putting it back and make it available for a single font using the toolbar of the Character grid. I added it to our wishlist for a future update/release.

León
Erwin Denissen

Re: Report Printing

Post by Erwin Denissen »

A bit late, but I want to let you know we have implemented this in version 5 (back in September 2012). You can now print up to 10 font character sets at once. We added the restriction to prevent accidentally printing thousands of pages. The other reports are not limited by the number of fonts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology