Issues with Adobe Fonts

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Issues with Adobe Fonts

Post by Brother Gabriel-Marie »

MainType seems to have some issues with the way Adobe programs "load" fonts. MainType seems to find a lot of registry errors with Adobe fonts.

Now, I have this problem where I have saved my Adobe fonts in a folder on disk, and then used MainType to install the ones I want so that they are available in programs other than Adobe.

But one day I clicked on the "fix registry errors" popup in MainType, and now "Adobe Jenson" doesn't work any more.
The font is still in my disk folder.
I have to images here - one of the category where Adobe Jenson is stored, and another of Active fonts where Adobe Jenson is installed.

When I open a document in InDesign that uses Adobe Jenson, InDesign says it is missing.

Now, I can't seem to fix this problem. I tried copying Adobe Jenson's font files to another location and then refreshing the font library, but it didn't help.

How do I fix this?
Attachments
Active fonts with "broken" Adobe Jenson.
Active fonts with "broken" Adobe Jenson.
screenshot_MainType (MainType - Windows Font Manager)_003.png (22.64 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
My Adobe fonts category with the "broken" Adobe Jenson.
My Adobe fonts category with the "broken" Adobe Jenson.
screenshot_MainType (MainType - Windows Font Manager)_002.png (21.89 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
León Fridsma

Re: Issues with Adobe Fonts

Post by León Fridsma »

Did you update MainType yesterday and did the problem occur after that ? Reason I ask is that we released an update yesterday fixing several issues related to previews and we might have missed something or introduced a new bug..
Brother Gabriel-Marie

No, that was with version 5.1.1 - sorry, I should've said that. I'll update it and see if it helps.
Brother Gabriel-Marie

Okay, it updated to version 5.1.2, but the same problem persists. No, I first noticed the problem about a week ago, I think. What can I do to get you some useful information?
Brother Gabriel-Marie

I'm still having this problem with MainType 5.1.2 build 701.