Default ARIEL font not previwing correctly in browsers

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
dpaterno

Default ARIEL font not previwing correctly in browsers

Post by dpaterno »

Hi..
I have Ariel and all it's system weights installed, but I also have a few Akzidenz Type1 fonts installed along with some Helvetica Type1 AND TT fonts. (not my favorite sceanario, but some projects warrent the different formats)

My challenge is that my browsers (Chrome and Firefox, namely) are not using the default Ariel even when specified in their settings, but instead are using some Extended Helvetica type face.

This extended face is obviously not intended to be used in my browsers as they shift the site designs.

Any suggestions, or can I give you more info?

thanks
Dan
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Default Arial Font not previwing correctly in browsers

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This question doesn't seem to be related to MainType, so I moved it to the General Font Discussion Forum.

If you have renamed Arial to Ariel (which I am sure you have not), then browsers would not find it, and would be using a fall-back font, like Helvetica.

I don't use either Firefox or Chrome. You would probably get a quicker answer on the Mozilla or Chrome forums.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486