Improvement to Glyph Properties Toolbar

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.

Would Smaller be Better?

Yes
25%
No
25%
I always keep it expanded
50%

Total votes: 4

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Improvement to Glyph Properties Toolbar

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The most common use I find for the glyph properties toolbar is for font naming when fixing validation issues from OpenType scripts.

If I want to fix the side-bearings in the Glyph Overview, then I will probably need to expand the dialogue anyway to show all available fields. However, I usually do that only in the Glyph Edit Window, where the Transform Toolbar is available.

What do you think? Would this redesigned toolar be more useful, or would you just leave it always expanded? If you do that anyway, then it's not really relevant to you, but if you usually collapse it to save space would you miss not being able to change side-bearings with it collapsed?
Glyph Properties Dialogue.png
Glyph Properties Dialogue.png (9.94 KiB) Viewed 3389 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
boballen

Re: Improvement to Glyph Properties Toolbar

Post by boballen »

I'm in dual monitor mode nearly all the time. So I keep the window open, expanded, and continually in use. I mostly use it to fiddle with the bearings as I tweak the font into final position. If I didn't have the second monitor, I would certainly be more stingy with screen space.