Just Purchased a Personal Font...

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
bmcgee

Just Purchased a Personal Font...

Post by bmcgee »

... and, I can't seem to get it up and running. I've jumped through all the hoops, as it were, paid my fee, and I still cannot seem to find nor use my personal font. WHY ???? Very frustrated. :(
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Just Purchased a Personal Font...

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This is a forum for High-Logic FontCreator, they don't sell fonts, unless you mean that you purchased your font from Your Fonts.com

From whom did you purchase this font? What Operating System are you trying to install it on?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
bmcgee

Post by bmcgee »

It was purchased through Your Fonts.com. The customer support is through High-Logic.
I am running Windows XP. I would like to know how I can upload this personal font, otherwise, I want my money back!!
Can you help me?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

In XP, just paste the font into the C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder.

Installing Fonts
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The font is always send to your email address as used by your PayPal account.

Have you tried the Font Retrieval page:
http://www.yourfonts.com/myfont.html
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
bmcgee

Post by bmcgee »

I have tried everything!! I went through every step, even ended up making an additional purchase. I'm beyond frustrated!
I followed all the steps but cannot find my font in order to add it to the font list. I've downloaded it as I was told to, and now am unable to find it to upload it according to the instructions.
I need HELP!!!
bmcgee

Post by bmcgee »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:In XP, just paste the font into the C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder.

Installing Fonts
Nope ~~~ that doesn't work !!!! Nothing seems to work!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

bmcgee wrote:
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:In XP, just paste the font into the C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder.

Installing Fonts
Nope ~~~ that doesn't work !!!! Nothing seems to work!
If you cannot even find the font, how could it work?

When you downloaded the file where did you save it? I usually save mine in the Downloads folder, but some browsers might just save them in the temporary_downloads folder if you try to open them. If you did that, did the font open in FontView.exe?

We are trying to help, but you need to tell us what you're doing. Just saying, “It doesn't work” doesn't give us anything to go on.
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

bmcgee wrote:I've downloaded it as I was told to, and now am unable to find it to upload it according to the instructions.
Upload it according to what instructions? The 'Getting Started' instructions say this:
(1) Print Template
(2) Complete Template
(3) Scan & Save Template
(4) Upload Template
(5) Preview Your Font
(6) Download
(7) Install & Use

The only upload is at step (4), but you've obviously done that successfully.

Can you find your Downloads folder? All modern browsers display a list of recent downloads when you press Ctrl+J: you should be able to go to the containing folder from the entry in that list.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

The email address you used to register at this forum doesn't match any email addresses we received from PayPal orders, so I can't even further help. So you must have a different email address at PayPal, and we obviously send the font to that address.

I could try to find the order and the font through your name, but since you didn't provide it here, that won't work either.

The font is available for download right after you completed your payment. In addition we immediately send the font file to the email address you use at PayPal. Please check your inbox and/or spam box, in case you missed it.

You can retrieve your font (within 7 days after purchase) from here:

The last couple of years a hand full of people had similar issues, and as a last resort we asked them to just ask a friend to help them out. So far that always solved the problem, so if you have a friend with some more computer knowledge, do ask if he/she is willing to spend 5 minutes to help you find and install your font.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
bmcgee

Post by bmcgee »

Erwin Denissen wrote:The email address you used to register at this forum doesn't match any email addresses we received from PayPal orders, so I can't even further help. So you must have a different email address at PayPal, and we obviously send the font to that address.

I could try to find the order and the font through your name, but since you didn't provide it here, that won't work either.

The font is available for download right after you completed your payment. In addition we immediately send the font file to the email address you use at PayPal. Please check your inbox and/or spam box, in case you missed it.

You can retrieve your font (within 7 days after purchase) from here:
All is well! I finally figured out how to copy and paste the download into my fonts! Thank you all for your patience and assistance.

However, I would like to find out if I can have the second, unnecessary purchase refunded.
The PayPal account used is under the name: <email address removed by moderator>
If anyone here can help with providing a refund for the second purchase, I would be very appreciative.
Thank you: Beverly McGrath
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

bmcgee wrote:All is well! I finally figured out how to copy and paste the download into my fonts! Thank you all for your patience and assistance.

Excellent news!

bmcgee wrote:However, I would like to find out if I can have the second, unnecessary purchase refunded.

Consider it done!

Enjoy your font!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
bmcgee

Post by bmcgee »

bmcgee wrote:However, I would like to find out if I can have the second, unnecessary purchase refunded.
Consider it done!

Enjoy your font![/quote]

Many Thanks! Though, I do have a feeling that I will eventually create a new font in the future as this first one I created isn't exactly as clear and legible as I would like. Trial and error, right?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Trial and error is fine, especially as uploading and previewing the result is free!
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology