Can i use Futura Font for free?

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Font0

Can i use Futura Font for free?

Post by Font0 »

Hello, i wanted to use the Futura Font for my Youtube Videos, but its not for free, isnt it?
Because you can download it here,
this
http://www.911fonts.com/font/download_F ... k_4023.htm
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Can i use Futura Font for free?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You could find a cheap old copy of CorelDraw Essentials or WordPerfect Family Pack on e-Bay to get a legitimate license to use hundreds of Bitstream fonts including Futura. Otherwise, there are plenty of free look-alikes on Dafont.com etc. For YouTube videos, the highest quality is unlikely to be an issue.
Bitstream Fonts.png
Bitstream Fonts.png (61.61 KiB) Viewed 23251 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Font0

Post by Font0 »

Thanks. I have found a font that was installed in my windows PC, that looks like Futura.
Can i use it on my videos ? My videos are monetized.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I don't see any problem with that. Fonts would be pretty useless if you could not sell books made using them.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Font0

Post by Font0 »

hi.
I have found this font, but i don´t know if its a real Futura, because it says Futura2:

http://www.fontsner.com/font/Futura2Normal-10615.html
and this
http://ufonts.com/fonts/ag-futura.html

Maybe you know it?

Thanks
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Just go buy some weights of Futura if you want Futura. Everything else are rip-offs. There is no free version of it.
Font0

Post by Font0 »

Hello, i wanted to buy it, but is there really Futura on the CD? Can i read somewhere what fonts are on the CD?
I need Twentieth Century too. :D :)
Font0

Post by Font0 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:You could find a cheap old copy of CorelDraw Essentials or WordPerfect Family Pack on e-Bay to get a legitimate license to use hundreds of Bitstream fonts including Futura. Otherwise, there are plenty of free look-alikes on Dafont.com etc. For YouTube videos, the highest quality is unlikely to be an issue.
Bitstream Fonts.png
hello, i searched on ebay for it, but in my country there are no sellers who sell coreldraw etc. Are there other sources where i can buy it?
Alfred
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Alfred »

Font0 wrote:Hello, i wanted to buy it, but is there really Futura on the CD? Can i read somewhere what fonts are on the CD?
Twentieth Century is quite similar to Futura, and it's included among the suggestions here.
FC14 Pro (Help) + MT11.0 Pro (Help) • Windows 10
Font0

Post by Font0 »

Alfred wrote:
Font0 wrote:Hello, i wanted to buy it, but is there really Futura on the CD? Can i read somewhere what fonts are on the CD?
Twentieth Century is quite similar to Futura, and it's included among the suggestions here.
i dont know if the fonts that are listed there are free fonts :(
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try OpenSans instead. That's a free and OpenSource font, which means you can tweak it to suit your needs using FontCreator.
Font0

Post by Font0 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Try OpenSans instead. That's a free and OpenSource font, which means you can tweak it to suit your needs using FontCreator.
I dont like it so -(
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Font0 wrote:
Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Try OpenSans instead. That's a free and OpenSource font, which means you can tweak it to suit your needs using FontCreator.
I dont like it so -(
So, keep on searching for a free font that you do like.
Font0

Post by Font0 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
Font0 wrote:
I dont like it so -(
So, keep on searching for a free font that you do like.
So the fonts that are here http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/32051/ ... look-alike are not free?