Major help needed, is this possible?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
iamzim

Major help needed, is this possible?

Post by iamzim »

my font is actually a new language, but my language has no need for the letters X,Z,Y,U,V, and W. it also has a special character for ph, and a special character if H is in the middle of t and e. is there a way to assign the keyboard letters XZYUV and W to nothing, so that it will not display a space, or character, or anything? and is it possible to assign the special characters of PH and h so that they will automatically form in normal typing, without the need of another letter being pressed?
Joop Jagers
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Joop Jagers »

Your problems are not related to font creating. I think you need a keyboard driver which doesn't print anything when you press U V W X Y Z u v w x y z. I suggest Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator which is available at the Microsoft site for free (http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/msklc.mspx). It's possible to create a key sequence for PH / ph. The automatic typing of the special form of h in the sequence cannot be taken care of in this way.
highwaykind

Post by highwaykind »

Can't you just replace the ones you don't use ( YZ..) with the special characters ? Then you would just have to remember which key produces which character and you're done.