Blurry Font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Dichi

Blurry Font

Post by Dichi »

I noticed that my font looks blurry especially on small sizes. Tested using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I used Roboto as comparison.

My font

Roboto

Is it has something to do with hinting? I tried many different methods of hinting in fontcreator but still results the same.

Auto hinting DO sharpen the looks, but... it also makes my font looks condensed
http://puu.sh/pNzsX/34548bae60.png
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Blurry Font

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Dichi wrote:Is it has something to do with hinting? I tried many different methods of hinting in fontcreator but still results the same.
There is only one method of hinting in FontCreator, which uses ttfautohint. The only other options are to retain the existing hinting (if any) or to remove hinting.

If you download the ttfautohint package there's a GUI version that you can use to hint your fonts. That has some different options that you can try. I have not tried using it as I find the default setting used by FontCreator is satisfactory.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dichi

Post by Dichi »

Thank you for the reply! I will use the software as suggested.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Be aware hinting is only added to TrueType based OpenType fonts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Dichi

Post by Dichi »

I've tried all the settings but there's no change. Maybe I need to rework the font once again. By the way, thank you for the support!