Font Puzzle

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Font Puzzle

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Can anyone see what is wrong with this font. The numeral 7 does not display correctly, but the font seems to be fine. No duplicate knots or any such problems. Stylistic SF It has me baffled.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Jowaco

Post by Jowaco »

:? I do not know what is causing this but if you move a point, lose the hinting, then undo the point move, all seems well.

Joe.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I tried that, and cutting the contour and recombining it, but nothing makes any difference. I tried rebooting too, to make sure I wasn't looking at a cached image, but font view still shows the same defect.

Edit Got it now. I remember that fontview always shows the installed font even if you open the copy that is not installed. Since you don't have the font installed, it worked first time for you. Still weird though.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

Removing the hinting on the 7, as Joe said, did it for me too.

A bad display is not all that unusual with (free) fonts as we know hinting is a "black art" and apparently difficult to get right. Frequently it's an individual glyph that needs "help" or sometimes the entire font (Format/Tables/Remove Hinting).

Dick