Font suddenly no longer working - no idea why

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
shawn eyer

Font suddenly no longer working - no idea why

Post by shawn eyer »

I am a registered user and have been working on a font for a little over a year in my spare time. FCP has always worked and I've never had the slightest difficulty. But tonight... Gods help me... my font which is nearing completion is no longer working, and I need to reach out for ideas.

I added my first composite glyphs to the character set, reinstalled the font and now the font fails to display in:

Word
Windows font view (double-click TTF file)
Pagemaker
etc

It tests fine in FCP. I am utterly at a loss as to what is behind this. Even scarier, I went and saved a new copy, deleting all the new stuff I made today, and the font still doesn't work.

Has this happened to anyone else? Why would a good font go bad? Is there any way to get it working again?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

What is the EXACT version (for example 3.0.0.16) of FCP (see the about box)?

Can you send the font file to me, so I can investigate the problem?
Also could you provide me with a screenshot and a short message that clarifies the problem?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
shawn eyer

It's working now

Post by shawn eyer »

Thanks to you both, Eriwin and Bikkhu, for offering to assist. When I tried working on it again this weekend the problem just disappeared. I think I'm more likely to blame Windows than anything else.

I can not replicate the problem. I am using FCP 3.1.3.

Here is a link to a PDF showing the font, so you can check it out without having to install it. It's an ancient script -- primitive form of Hebrew.

http://www.orindalodge.org/fonts/kadosh ... l_1_00.pdf

[/url]