Shortcuts for buttons in Drawing toolbox

We will move topics to this forum, once we've implemented the requested feature(s) and/or enhancement(s).
jamadagni

Shortcuts for buttons in Drawing toolbox

Post by jamadagni »

All good raster/vector drawing programs like Inkscape/GIMP etc provide single-key keyboard shortcuts for the tools from the Drawing toolbox. This would speedup operations very much. Using a mouse (or touchpad, whatever) should be only when it is unavoidable. Adding such keyboard shortcuts makes life a lot easier and contributes to a quick workflow.

Currently, when I suddenly have to switch tools (selection-knife-selection and so on) I have to press the button in the toolbar which is very much hampering my speed. Please add keyboard shortcuts. Thank you for a great software!
Shriramana Sharma
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Shortcuts for buttons in Drawing toolbox

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Shortcuts are a great time-saver when you're using a program daily — not so useful when you have used it for a long time and cannot remember what they are.

Spacebar to select the last-used tool would help a bit.

The ideal solution would be fully customisable shortcuts, but I suspect that may be too much to ask.

Check that you know all of the existing Keyboard Shortcuts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Shortcuts for buttons in Drawing toolbox

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The "k" shortcut for the knife tool was implemented long ago.

The shortcut for the measure tool is "m"

To return to the default Selection tool, press the Escape key.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486