Structure and handling

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Glyphman

Structure and handling

Post by Glyphman »

Hi again, just want some advice if I'm on the wrong direction...? I saw the other post about workflow... was quite informative. I wonder if this is a good way to startup the structure and have the foundation of handling fonts organized like this.
As you can see on the screenshot I have 3 main font folders; OTF TTF fonts which contains markup fonts for webdesign, OTF CFF quallity graphic fonts, TT fonts mostly symbols, dingbats, figures, ornaments, some display fonts etc.
The "Groups" below are projects and customers. I drag fonts from the font folders into this groups. My original Font folders are placed directly onto C disk. If I want to update/change a font in some of the Font folders, can I just erase it from the original folder past the new and refresh the font folders in MainType? Is that the correct way to work with it?

Erwin Denissen

Re: Structure and handling

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Ensure you have unchecked "Show groups recursively".

Then while working with Sync folders, you can copy, paste, and delete fonts through MainType.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Re: Structure and handling

Post by Glyphman »

Ok. Figured out how my workflow shall be :D, the more I dig into MT the more optinons I find... interesting... :D