Wrong font on incoming mail

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
crewmember

Wrong font on incoming mail

Post by crewmember »

I recently upgraded my Main Type and ALL setting were lost...newer one installed different fonts, all my folders organizing were gone and I went thru uninstalling lots of fonts I don't use regularly. My issue now is that this particular company's emails are coming in with incorrect font, see attached. On my ipad they looks fine, a Helvetica or something similar is what it is supposed to be. Can you tell me how to turn on correct font so I can read these?
Thanks,
Attachments
font_issue.JPG
font_issue.JPG (76.53 KiB) Viewed 5888 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Wrong font on incoming mail

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You could probably work it out by searching the source code of the email.
Email Source Code.png
Email Source Code.png (8.94 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
It's probably one of the more common Sans Serif fonts like Arial, Helvetica Neue, or Verdana.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Glyphman

Post by Glyphman »

Hi crewmember... by having the system (OS) fonts that's installed with the OS... always installed you avoid this issue. Because most email and newsletter use the standard websafe fonts...
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

So, list of what those are would be helpful if you have it. thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Look in the help file.

System Fonts
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

I found the set of standard fonts you mentioned and made sure they were all loaded. In the meantime, rec'd another email from same person and it was correct so assumed it was on their end until this morning and got another one with that font. The code says it is Arial and Times Families and I have all of those loaded. Not even sure this is an issue with MainType, might be my Outlook. But don't know what else to do. I loaded every Arial and Times Font that I had turned off.

The top screen capture is from someone else where I forwarded email and it was right, below is how it comes into mine. Appreciate any help. Can forward this email as well.

Thanks.
Attachments
font_issue.JPG
font_issue.JPG (115.33 KiB) Viewed 5846 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Have you tried rebooting your PC?
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

I did reboot, but still the same issue with it putting wrong font in it.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It could also be an issue with font substitutes, but without knowing the exact font style it is hard to tell. So I suggest you either look into the original mail source, or copy and paste the message into Word, so you can then see which font is intended to be used.
crewmember wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 pmThe top screen capture is from someone else where I forwarded email and it was right, below is how it comes into mine. Appreciate any help. Can forward this email as well.
It doesn't look like a default windows font. Maybe he uses a Mac, which has other default fonts.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology