Fonts need to be unloaded/loaded in order to work; Indesign autoload not working

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
DavinSalo

Fonts need to be unloaded/loaded in order to work; Indesign autoload not working

Post by DavinSalo »

I have been running into an issue on mutliple pc's since the update to Windows 10. Every time I restart my machines the fonts in MainType 5.1 Professional Edition no longer load automatically when using InDesign; and fonts that are already installed in MainType need to be unloaded/reloaded in order to work.

Fonts in MainType don't appear to have preview text either until I've unloaded/reloaded the fonts.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Sincerely,

Davin Salo
Erwin Denissen

Re: Fonts need to be unloaded/loaded in order to work; Indesign autoload not working

Post by Erwin Denissen »

A flaw in the Windows update causes these issues. It seems not all computers are affected, so it seems just bad luck. I'm sure Microsoft will release another update that will fix the issue.

We've helped other customers with this issue, and as far as I know the problem is solved.

What you could try is the following:
- Start MainType
- Create a group (virtual folder) named "Installed Fonts"
- Select all installed fonts
- Copy them to the new group
- Uninstall them all
- Reboot your computer
- Start MainType
- Select the group "Installed Fonts"
- Install all fonts within the group

Please be aware this is not something we recommend for normal situations, so use this information at your own risk.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology