Filter fonts by Code-Point or Block?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ClintGoss

Filter fonts by Code-Point or Block?

Post by ClintGoss »

Is there a way in MainType (ver 8.0) to show all or filter fonts that have a given code-point mapped? Or maybe that have code-point in a given block??

-Clint Goss
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Filter fonts by Code-Point or Block?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Not that I know of. The best workaround I can think of is to type the character in the preview string and scroll down to easily spot the fonts that do not have that character mapped.
Missing Euro.png
Missing Euro.png (7.36 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can also activate the "Show preview with missing characters in red" option, so it is more obvious one or more characters are missing!

To enable this option, select Options from the Tools menu and then click the Font Lists tab.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ClintGoss

Post by ClintGoss »

Both suggestions are very helpful and this is workable!

I can imagine a display - a column in the main font View List - that shows a "Block Coverage" display, maybe color-coded by the % coverage of the block. With 280 blocks, that may be unwieldy ... maybe you get to select which blocks are shown. OK, a "wish list" feature.

Actually, there are many columns in the main font View List that would be helpful. "License" comes to mind ... could you interpret the License field and glean whether it's GPL or OFL etc? Maybe derive an SPDX code from ... someplace in the font?

OK, enough crazy ideas ... THANKS again!