[FIXED] Errors in CompositeData.xml

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
nabsltd

[FIXED] Errors in CompositeData.xml

Post by nabsltd »

In FontCreator 11.5.0.2427, 64-bit:

The default "CompositeData.xml" created by "Copy Data Files to User Data Folder" in the options dialog has some small errors:

<Composite> <!-- small g -->
- spurious "g" after </InheritSB>

<Composite> <!-- Unmapped Proportional zero -->
- glyph name wrong in "<InheritFromGlyphLSB>zeror</InheritFromGlyphLSB>"

<Composite> <!-- Male and Female Sign -->
- In <AlignVertical><Dest><Member>2</Member>, <Position> is "Center", instead of "Middle". Although it might not be an error, it's the only time in the file that "Center" appears in a destination position.

Note that these errors are also contained in the version updated for Unicode 10.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Errors in CompositeData.xml

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thank you for the bug report. I have updated CompositeData.7z attached to the linked thread for FontCreator 11.5.

"Center" should only be used for horizontal alignment, while "middle" is only for vertical alignment. I added an offset to position the glyph members better. Composites like "Male and Female sign" are font dependent and will always need manual adjustment after composition to suit the font. Make simple, manually align, and get union of contours is the least that one will need to do.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
nabsltd

Post by nabsltd »

I missed one more:

In the line with the comment "Unmapped Alternative Fractions", the pilcrows are outside the comment.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

That does not seem to make any difference, but it is easily fixed, so I updated the archive attached to the linked thread again.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
nabsltd

Post by nabsltd »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:30 pm That does not seem to make any difference, but it is easily fixed, so I updated the archive attached to the linked thread again.
Yeah, anything "outside" a tag seems to be ignored, even if it is inside some parent tag.

The XML validator/formatter I use noticed it in "strict" mode, but I put that on a different sticky e-note than the rest for some reason.