Importing .bmp files

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
rbasart

Importing .bmp files

Post by rbasart »

I am able to import the bmp just fine, but on closer examination, the edges have become distorted and the curves are not smooth. What was once a straight line is now riddled with contour points. Any suggestions? E-mail me if anyone else has had/fixed this. rbasart@richandjan.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Multiplicity of Points

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=74
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
rbasart

Smoothing

Post by rbasart »

I guess I wasn't very clear in my first post. I had already drawn the letters for my font in CorelDraw9, each with as few nodes/points as possible. A straight line for instance has only 2 points. After exporting to a .bmp and then importing the .bmp into Font Creator, that straight line is now jagged with 20-30 points.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

That's the trouble with bitmaps

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

:? Bitmaps are jagged by nature. This has come up before, and requests have been made for import of vector formats like EPS or WFM. There is no TTF export filter in Corel Draw 9, but if you have an earlier version you can export to a TTF, then open that font in Font Creator for final editing.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
rbasart

Export

Post by rbasart »

I was able to get a filter for Corel9 to export the letters in to a TTF. They look wonderful in FC now. Now I am battling with the size, spacing and kerning of the letters. Now that I have each of the letters in a font, I believe all my problems are in my lack of knowledge of the program.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Truetype Export Filter

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I also use Corel Draw 9, the TTF filter might be useful to me. Where did you get it?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Within a couple of weeks a new version will be released. It will include improvements related to the Import Image feature.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
rbasart

Corel

Post by rbasart »

My bad, I am using Corel10, sorry about the confusion. All I did was do the standard updates to it from Corels web site. And...Looking forward to the new version. I am just starting to get this one figured out.