Kerning Pairs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Kerning Pairs

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Leslie_SS wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:51 pm Yes... well, actually the r is off there. I found a way to get the program to display them in stick form on that preview because I can't tell enough with the thick lines like in your photo. Then, when I got it to show the thin lines, the problem happened with the ends shrinking down as I altered the right and left sides. Does that make sense?
It seems you've been able to change the way the software is intended to work. If that is true, then it would have been really helpful if you told us this before we took the time to look into the issue.

If you see room for improvements, then do post such request in the appropriate forum.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

FontCreator has a comparison feature which allows you to preview text with the Glyph Edit window. It allows you to refine metrics while you see how characters join. It even supports OpenType layout features, so kerning can also be enabled.
perfectstrokes.png
perfectstrokes.png (52.19 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Leslie_SS

Post by Leslie_SS »

Hi Erwin,

I don't want to change your software and have no idea what I did to make you think that. I clicked around and found whatever way that was built into this software to get the preview to show up like you have in your photo. Didn't mean to waste your time.

Sincerely,
Leslie
Last edited by Leslie_SS on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leslie
Windows 10
FontCreator 11 Professional Edition
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sorry about that.

For us to help, we just need the right information, so we can reproduce and understand reported issues.
Leslie_SS wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 am And what's more, I can't even get the preview to show up single line like that now.
That's too bad, as you might have spotted a bug that we would really like to fix. Maybe it happens again if you reopen the font project. If so, do send it to us, so we can look into the problem.
Leslie_SS wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 am I'll Google the rest of my questions. I've invested a chunk between my original purchase and this upgrade, and will be disappointed if I cannot use it for my needs. I'm so floored right now. Way to treat a guest here in your forum.
As you can see from my last posts, we are doing our best to help you with suggestions, so please continue to post your questions here.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology