Need help with contextual substitution for my font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Ahzoh

Need help with contextual substitution for my font

Post by Ahzoh »

I've tried reading some guides on here but I can't really wrap my head around these open type features. And I can't really extrapolate what little I could figure out to my own font since they all deal with the Latin script cursive.

Could somebody show me how to make it so that an input letter switches to isolate, initial, medial, and final forms within the context of my font?
Erwin Denissen

Re: Need help with contextual substitution for my font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There are numerous people who use our font editor to make Arabic fonts, so maybe others respond here as well with more suggestions.

Do read the part about init, medi, and fina at the end of this topic within the user manual:
Automatic OpenType Layout Features

Also make sure the glyphs have correct names.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Ahzoh

Post by Ahzoh »

Oh, my glyphs are not assigned to the Arabic codepoints but on Latin codepoints (I plan on switching them to the Private Use codeblock), which the .init, .medi., and .fina do not work with.
Ahzoh

Post by Ahzoh »

Well, I figured out how to make chained contextual substitutions and i figured out how to get the forms to worth with each other, so now i have this: