Flatten Complete Composites

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ClintGoss

Flatten Complete Composites

Post by ClintGoss »

I have not plumbed the depths of Complete Composites, so this might be achievable with the right options or setting of glyph names ... but ...

When I execute Complete Composites on, for example, $1EA4 (Acircumflexacute) I get a composite with two glyphs: Acircumflex plus an acute. The Acircumflex is itself a composite. Re-positioning is needed on the stack of two diacriticals, but since the Acircumflex is itself a composite, the A and the circumflex cannot be repositioned. I have been rebuilding the composite by hand, which seems a waste ...

Is there a better way? If not, this might be a feature request ... Thanks!!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Flatten Complete Composites

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If you really want to be able to move any of the components, edit the definition in CompositeData.xml.
Which version of CompositeData.xml are you using? In FontCreator 12, A circumflex acute use base glyph A with stacking accent circumflex acute. To edit the stacking circumflex acute accent, right-click on it and open in new window.

Current Definition:

Code: Select all

<Composite><!-- A Circumflex Acute -->
<GlyphMapping>7844</GlyphMapping>
	<Member id="1">
	<GlyphMapping>65</GlyphMapping>
		<UseMetrics>TRUE</UseMetrics>
	</Member>
	<Member id="2">
	<GlyphName>circumflexcomb_acutecomb.case</GlyphName>
		<GlyphName>circumflexcomb_acutecomb</GlyphName>
		<Pos>Auto</Pos>
	</Member>
	</Composite>
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ClintGoss

Re: Flatten Complete Composites

Post by ClintGoss »

Got it ... FC Pro 12, and this solves my issue ... Thanks!!