How I can horizontally resize a font?

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Edwin

How I can horizontally resize a font?

Post by Edwin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:06 pm

Hello, people! My name is Edwin and I am new here! :D

I just want to ask how I can resize the font only horizontally and make it for some pixels wider?

I have a font called FixSysCTT and using Adobe Photoshop I resized it from 100% to 150% and made it better in my opinion.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I loved this font after resizing it and I really didn't find the wider version of it so I decided to resize it myself, but I don't know how — I don't know a thing about editing and creating fonts.

I don't know why did author of this font make FixSysCTT so narrow and why there is no any other versions but that does not matter right now.

I hope for your help :)
Where is avatars?

Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How I can horizontally resize a font?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:25 pm

The FixSysCTT font is (c)Copyright ParaGraph International, 1992.

Fonts can easily be scaled 150% horizontally using the Glyph Transformer.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC12 Pro + MT9.0 @ Win10 1903 build 18362.418

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks, Bhikkhu Pesala! :D
Where is avatars?

FitEyes

Post by FitEyes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Select the "Home" tab, then click the small arrow in the Font section to open the Font dialog box. Increase the percentage value in the "Scale" field. If you want to stretch the text to double its original width, for example, change the setting to 200 percent.
This is very convenient and beneficial for those who wish to write using font generator cursive on fontvilla.com.