type slash and some numbers disappear

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
murisa

Re: type slash and some numbers disappear

Post by murisa »

ok...
bhikku, did you notice that someone else downloaded my file ?.maybe he want to steal my font when it's finish..what do you think by that ?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Don't worry about that. It will just be another forum member who wants to look at it to offer suggestions.

Any font published on the Internet can easily be stolen, but original work is automatically protected by copyright. Protecting one's rights needs deep pockets and lawyers. A beginner's font like yours has no commercial value, so why would anyone want to steal it?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

murisa wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:42 am ok...
bhikku, did you notice that someone else downloaded my file ?.maybe he want to steal my font when it's finish..what do you think by that ?
OK, I just downloaded from page 1--and I can promise I'll delete it after I exit the forum.

Your design differs in a few letters than an ITC font (ITC Tetra, circa 2004) which I bought back then for a job. Which is what I would use today for a job if called for.

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/tetra-itc/

While I'm certain that font designs are stolen everyday, there is nothing that can prevent it. But if you are concerned, the FC projects can be removed from the posts and perhaps you can upload it with each iteration and maybe send BP a private message with a download link if he is willing.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have deleted the font from my post. I don't think I can offer much more help on this. It is best for new users to learn by doing rather than having it done for them. That way, one learns more and remembers it better.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
murisa

Post by murisa »

thank you for all your help bhikku pesala..sorry for the inconvenience..
in the future maybe I still need a lot of help from you to work with fontcreator. if you don't mind, of course ... if you object, you are still a good teacher to me.
murisa

Post by murisa »

MikeW wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:44 pm
OK, I just downloaded from page 1--and I can promise I'll delete it after I exit the forum.

Your design differs in a few letters than an ITC font (ITC Tetra, circa 2004) which I bought back then for a job. Which is what I would use today for a job if called for.

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/tetra-itc/

While I'm certain that font designs are stolen everyday, there is nothing that can prevent it. But if you are concerned, the FC projects can be removed from the posts and perhaps you can upload it with each iteration and maybe send BP a private message with a download link if he is willing.
never heard about that font before MikeW, until you gave the link..maybe it's just the same idea from different people...