FAQ: About Using the Forum

Have questions about High-Logic.com, or maybe you have an issue with the site?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

FAQ: About Using the Forum

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

1. Where should I Post?
Read the description under each forum heading in the Forum Index. Often, this will be the support forum for the product that you are using: FontCreator Support, MainType Support, or Scanahand Support.

2. What Information do you Need?
Tell us which product version you are using, whether it is the Home Edition or Professional Edition, and if it is registered. For bug reports, we need to know your Operating System too.
Use a concise title for your new topic that describes the problem. Describe it in more detail in your post, attaching images, font project files, fonts, or archives (zip or 7z).

3. How Do I Link to a Specific Post?
Copy the link address from the header at the top of the post, click the link icon on the post edit toolbar and paste the copied URL viewtopic.php?p=17826#p17826.
FAQ 01.png
FAQ 01.png (21.79 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
4. How Do I Attach Images?
Select the Attachments Tab below the post editor, and click on Add Files. Select an image from your hard drive to upload it to the High-Logic server. Several files can be uploaded at once. Archive them if there are a lot of files, or if the file format is not supported.
FAQ 02.png
FAQ 02.png (8.22 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
To place it inline with the text, click on the Place Inline button.
FAQ 03.png
FAQ 03.png (16.17 KiB) Viewed 17719 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: FAQ: About Using the Forum

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

5. How Do I Search the Forum?
  1. There is a search field at the top right to search the entire forum
  2. There is a search field at the top left of each forum to Search this forum...
  3. One can also add a site search to one’s browser. This will search the whole of High-Logic.com, so will include results from the online help files.
Use a link like this:

Code: Select all

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:high-logic.com+%s
to search high-logic.com using the DuckDuckGo search engine (it offers better privacy than a Google Search).

Example: Search for Bezier.

Click the Gear icon on the forum searches to use an Advanced Search that filters the search results.
Forum Search.png
Forum Search.png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 17537 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486