Unable to Paste from PhotoShop into a Glyph Edit Window

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
johnsnape

Unable to Paste from PhotoShop into a Glyph Edit Window

Post by johnsnape »

Before, I could copy from Photoshop and paste into a glyph box, but now it's grayed out, can't paste anymore.

I'm using build number 12.0.0.2567.
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not the exact same issue. Split to a new topic
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Unable to Paste from PhotoShop into a Glyph Edit Window

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Is the glyph empty, simple, or a composite glyph?

Can you paste the clipboard contents into Windows Paint or IrfanView?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have made several changes and improvements related to copy and paste vector based images, so upgrading to the latest version most likely solves the problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
saegespaene

Post by saegespaene »

But, Erwin, if you have changed things with the latest version 12.0.0.2567, such that you can no longer paste a glyph image, as before, how is that to be regarded as an improvement?

And along similar lines, you helped me to get my version 12.0.0.2567 to "stick" on my computer. But now, I am noticing that I no longer have the ability to cause a glyph image to be mirrored, neither horizontally nor vertically; and, the icons for the joining of contours functions no longer appears in the menu bar, above, but these have to be searched for under Edit. I am not finding these changes helpful nor delightful. What say you?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

saegespaene wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:43 pm But, Erwin, if you have changed things with the latest version 12.0.0.2567, such that you can no longer paste a glyph image, as before, how is that to be regarded as an improvement?

And along similar lines, you helped me to get my version 12.0.0.2567 to "stick" on my computer. But now, I am noticing that I no longer have the ability to cause a glyph image to be mirrored, neither horizontally nor vertically; and, the icons for the joining of contours functions no longer appears in the menu bar, above, but these have to be searched for under Edit. I am not finding these changes helpful nor delightful. What say you?
Is your PhotoShop image a vector or a bitmap?

I have 12.0.0.2467 still installed to help users, and I am able to mirror glyph contours, and the Get Union of Contours toolbar buttons are still there. Check that the Glyph Toolbar is enabled from the Toolbars submenu of the View menu, and that the Align and Distribute toolbar is enabled.

Simple contours can be mirrored or rotated, but composite glyph members cannot. In this case, the icons will be greyed out.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
saegespaene

Post by saegespaene »

Thank you, Bhikkhu, :D :D :D :D for the clue!!! I had no idea that I had made any keystroke to remove the Glyph-Edit Toolbar!!! I was looking for it everywhere!
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typo
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

So what about pasting an image? FontCreator very rarely gets worse with any updates. If you are having problems now that you did not have previously, something may have changed at your end.
johnsnape

Post by johnsnape »

Make sure "Preferences -> General -> Export Clipboard" is checked in Photoshop.

I had the same issue, and when I turned this on, I could paste again.
Last edited by johnsnape on Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.