Thoreau's Hand - Based on the Handwriting of Henry David Thoreau

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Jonne Haven

Re: Thoreau's Hand - Based on the Handwriting of Henry David Thoreau

Post by Jonne Haven »

Oh and Psymon,

I noticed that your font features different lowercase 'l's when they are doubled and tripled up. What type of substitution is it? Liga? Calt? I'm really wondering how you got the 'l's feature to work within Adobe Premiere which I know for sure does not support CALT. But somehow when I use your font in it, there are a few CALT like features working. How did you do that? I tried a LIGA feature on one of my own fonts and it did not work in Premiere. You have no idea how great it would be if I could duplicate your work with alternates somehow to make my font work within Premiere!! How?!

Blessings,
Jonne
Jonne Haven

Post by Jonne Haven »

Ok,

Nvm Psymon. It seems that Premiere will allow just substitutions and not chaining context features at all. Well, I got excited for a second there.

Oh well.

Jonne
Psymon

Post by Psymon »

Hi Jonne! Check your PMs for a reply! ;)
Psymon

Post by Psymon »

Oh, and re this (saw your PM first, and your note here about the PM, before I just saw this)...
Jonne Haven wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 am I noticed that your font features different lowercase 'l's when they are doubled and tripled up. What type of substitution is it? Liga? Calt? I'm really wondering how you got the 'l's feature to work within Adobe Premiere which I know for sure does not support CALT. But somehow when I use your font in it, there are a few CALT like features working. How did you do that? I tried a LIGA feature on one of my own fonts and it did not work in Premiere. You have no idea how great it would be if I could duplicate your work with alternates somehow to make my font work within Premiere!! How?!
Yes, the "ll" is a lig, and there are indeed several more -- I guess if you look "inside" the font it should be easy enough to tell which glyphs are ligs, simply because they show two characters as one. Or else go in the OpenType Designer and right in there you can see all the ligatures defined in there, too. That's odd that Premiere supports liga but not calt -- you'd think an Adobe product would! I don't have Premiere, I use Pinnacle Studio for my video stuff (which I rarely do any of), but maybe poke around, perhaps you can turn those "on" somehow?

Or, alternatively, if you really wanted to use those alts, then you could copy/paste them from Windows Character Map into your titles. It's all rendered text embedded right into the video, so it's not like people will have a need to copy/paste the text (and lose the alts) or anything, of course.

I need to check over a couple things, but I should have an updated version of the font(s) read SOON, if you can hold off on publishing/posting your video for a little longer. :)