WEFT Broken font.

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
Abripl

WEFT Broken font.

Post by Abripl »

I made a barcode font. Font validate gives no errors. It works fine in windows and embedable in Adobe. But MS WEFT utility objects that the "font may be broken". Does anyone know what a "broken font" means - what specific things to look for, or what does WEFT want?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This is not a question about Font Creator.

Try the WEFT Message Board
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Abripl

Post by Abripl »

The Font was generated using FontCreator. If there is something "broken" in the font, shouldn't it detect the error? I guess you just don't have any helpful answer. Anybody else out there?

But thanks for the WEFT forum link.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I have never used WEFT, so I can't help you with this either. WEFT hasn't been updated since 2001, so basically the technology is outdated and as mentioned on the Microsoft WEFT users community it is developed for Internet Explorer 4.0 - 5.5. It most likely won't work with Mozilla, Opera and other browsers.

Although outdated, this article about web font usage might help:
http://www.designer-info.com/Writing/web_fonts.htm

It is possible the font is corrupt or contains invalid settings. Just send the font file to me and I'll look into it.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology