Font export problem (OpenType)

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
tesbihhan

Font export problem (OpenType)

Post by tesbihhan »

I have a working Opentype Arabic font project and sometimes making some improvements.
After latest update exported font size decreased. Before it was 205 kb and now 175 kb.
Font does not work in indesign. When font applied indesign crashes.
And the document contains mostly text with font does not open. Crashes and crashes.

I think there is a problem about opentype exporting.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Font export problem (OpenType)

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try disabling this option.
Optimize Export of OT Features.png
Optimize Export of OT Features.png (12.35 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Over the years Adobe has fixed numerous issues related to font support in their software, so first make sure you are using the latest release of Adobe InDesign.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then as Bhikkhu Pesala already mentioned, do disable our cutting edge technology to optimize the internal OpenType feature data. If this solves the issue, then please contact Adobe and ask them to fix their software. You can do this here:
https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Let us know if this helps.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
tesbihhan

Post by tesbihhan »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:38 pm Try disabling this option.

Optimize Export of OT Features.png
Much thanks. it worked.
tesbihhan

Post by tesbihhan »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:52 pm Over the years Adobe has fixed numerous issues related to font support in their software, so first make sure you are using the latest release of Adobe InDesign.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then as Bhikkhu Pesala already mentioned, do disable our cutting edge technology to optimize the internal OpenType feature data. If this solves the issue, then please contact Adobe and ask them to fix their software. You can do this here:
https://indesign.uservoice.com/

Let us know if this helps.
I use the same version of indesign(2021-16.4.2) and there was no problem about this. After optimizing export OT feature it worked.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

tesbihhan wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:19 am I use the same version of indesign(2021-16.4.2) and there was no problem about this. After optimizing export OT feature it worked.
Currently InDesign 2022 version 17.3 is the latest version, so please update using Creative Cloud Desktop application. That is the only way to verify whether Adobe has solved the problem.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology