How can I reverse the writing direction of English letters?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Sim

How can I reverse the writing direction of English letters?

Post by Sim »

I have a font that has Hebrew and English letters. As a programmer, for forcing Hebrew screen input, I changed the English letters to Hebrew, simply by using copy/paste, letter by letter. However, the resulting "new" letters are LTR, even though the originals are RTL. How can I reverse the direction as well?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: How can I reverse the writing direction of English letters?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The Latin (English) character sets are LTR, you cannot change the writing direction of the character sets. You can only insert the code to switch the direction of the current paragraph.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Sim

Re: How can I reverse the writing direction of English letters?

Post by Sim »

There are NO paragraphs involved at all.
I created this version of the font with FontCreator, and I wrote the software application.This need for RTL is for a Hebrew reading program for children with learning difficulties. The child simply types a letter, with or without diacritics.
Being LTR, the diacritics land up on the right, but they need to be on the left.
If the user has selected Hebrew in the language bar, everything runs RTL without a problem.