Photoshop CC

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
crewmember

Photoshop CC

Post by crewmember »

I just recently switched from much older photoshop CS4 to CC version...is there a version of Main Type, or app that works with it? The most recent post I could find was 2015. Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Photoshop CC

Post by Erwin Denissen »

MainType works with all software, but we discontinued the automatic activation plugin.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

So is there a way to activate it manually and use MainType still with Photoshop CC? i am really struggling with how it manages fonts. TIA
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

So learning more about how my fonts are now duds because Adobe CC doesn't support...have used extensive in a project before switching to newer Adobe.

Questions:
1. does High Logic offer a conversion tool for Type 1 fonts to OTF? Would much prefer to stay with company I know and trust if you do.
2. you wrote: "but we discontinued the automatic activation plugin" So you have a manual plug in now that I can use?
3. If I download OTF or TTF and install with MT, will see it in Photoshop CC?

Thanks
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Fonts will become available in your software as soon as you install them through MainType.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
crewmember

Post by crewmember »

I am still struggling with using my Main Type to manage fonts, I am switching back and forth between PHotoshop CC and understand that it only uses the OTF or TT fonts, but I still need to be able to manage the times I use my older Adobe CS4 with Indesign and Illustrator, which used to work fine with fonts. Now when I try and uninstall some of them so list is not so long they disappear. See attachment.
Do I need to rebuild the directories, looks like my computer guy has fonts all over the place, or what? Very difficult to get work done right now.
The attachment is when I try and uninstall fonts I use rarely. Always worked perfectly, now they disappear...please some help, thanks.
Attachments
fonts missing.JPG
fonts missing.JPG (60.4 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Two things that are important:

1. We strongly recommend you use the latest version of MainType, as several bugs have been fixed and numerous features have been added over the years.

2. Adobe has announced that they will end support for creating content with Type 1 fonts by January 2023. So better stop using them altogether.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology