Font naming problem (missing in some fields, or not matching)

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
chrisvile

Font naming problem (missing in some fields, or not matching)

Post by chrisvile »

Hello All,

I have been using FontCreator for many years and I have created many fonts to date and love the product. However, after the jump to version 14 (I think) my font uploads to dafont.com have been getting rejected with the following reason:

- Font naming problem (missing in some fields, or not matching)

*** Additional information ***

Natas One <> Normal

I am not sure when updating the software cause this issue for me since dafont has about an 8 month waiting period for new fonts to be uploaded and I consistently stay on top of software updates. I do not have issues uploading to other font sites like fontspace.

I am sure I am overlooking something simple while exporting my fonts. Any help would be apperciated.

Best regards,
Chris
Erwin Denissen

Re: Font naming problem (missing in some fields, or not matching)

Post by Erwin Denissen »

In general the default settings should do, but dafont might still expect specific data that used to be relevant 20 years ago. Last time I checked their website I noticed they still don't support OpenType layout kerning.

We also have some export options that support legacy font data, but I hope that is not what they expect. See the options dialog.

Anyway, do send the font project and font file to us and we will look int this. If it is an issue on your or our side, it is probably an easy fix.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
chrisvile

Post by chrisvile »

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for the reply. I attached the font project to this reply. Thank you for your help

Best regards,
Chris
Last edited by chrisvile on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

There is indeed an problem with the font, as it contains several incorrect localized font naming fields. This may be due to issues in previous releases of FontCreator, but maybe not.

The solution is to just delete all those localized names. They are located on the Font and the Instances tab. Click the [24] button and select all but "English - United States", then click the Delete toolbar button.
localizednames.png
localizednames.png (100.81 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
localizednames2.png
localizednames2.png (85.12 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
P.s. you might also want to delete the font project from this public forum.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
chrisvile

Post by chrisvile »

Thank you for your help and fast reply!