Duplicate font deletion

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
westdale

Duplicate font deletion

Post by westdale »

I have worked around this problem for now, but would like to understand it better. (Win11 64bit) Advice would be welcome.

I have a sync'd folder 'foreign' containing two subfolders 'adobe foreign' and 'arabic' on my local D: drive
For historical reasons the font family Adobe Arabic was stored in both the sub folders and I wanted to tidy up, removing duplicates.

Using the full library select duplicates action didn't work for me as there is no way in the library list to tell which physical folder the fonts are in.
(perhaps that should be an optional field)

1) In subfolder 'adobe foreign', I tried to delete the family - this failed as they were installed
2) I uninstalled the 4 members of the family from Adobe Arabic. Understandably, they were marked as uninstalled in both subfolders.
3) I deleted them from 'adobe foreign' and this action deleted them from both subfolders.

There is a closely related issue - reported by others - that one cannot undo the delete (and the deleted fonts do not go to the recycle bin ).
Erwin Denissen

Re: Duplicate font deletion

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Make sure you have disabled "Show groups recursively". Then deleting a font from a sync group will only delete it from the current folder.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology