SOLVED - After istalling variable fonts by mistake - the full family does not appear?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Glyphman

SOLVED - After istalling variable fonts by mistake - the full family does not appear?

Post by Glyphman »

Hi. After installing the fontfamily Satoshi (10 fonts) to the truetype library, by mistake I installed 2 variable fonts. After refreshing only 8 fonts appear and the; regular, italic, bold, bold italic are missing, but the 2 variable fonts are there? I have now deleated the 2 variable fonts manually from this library that is synced. I have refreshed and now only the 6 remaining fonts appear. The regular, italic, bold and bold italic are in the synced folder but don't appear after refreshing?
What can I do to fix this?

Additional:
Added another fontfamily "Humane" was careful not to install the "variable" fonts to the ttf library. After refreshing just 5 fonts appear of the original 7?
Same here, the regular and bold are missing??
Last edited by Glyphman on Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glyphman

Re: After istalling variable fonts by mistake - the full family does not appear?

Post by Glyphman »

Trying workarround: reegenerate the fonts in Font Creator, get the name changed to (false-Normal.ttf) instead of original name (Satoshi-Regular.ttf)
??

SOLVED:
Generated new ttf files from the otf files and that made them work, for both font families. So was probably not Main Type that was the issue :D
Think the font provider made something wrong when generated the fonts and it is free fonts so not a big issue...
Erwin Denissen

Re: SOLVED - After istalling variable fonts by mistake - the full family does not appear?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Yes, nothing wrong with MainType. There is indeed an issue with the non-variable font's naming. You should contact the font designer, so he can fix his fonts.
Attachments
Humane.png
Humane.png (80.36 KiB) Viewed 5090 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Glyphman

Re: SOLVED - After istalling variable fonts by mistake - the full family does not appear?

Post by Glyphman »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:21 pm Yes, nothing wrong with MainType. There is indeed an issue with the non-variable font's naming. You should contact the font designer, so he can fix his fonts.
Ok, tnx for checking up Erwin. I shall give the designer a message :D