A font export bug in the latest versions of FontCreator?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Philipp

A font export bug in the latest versions of FontCreator?

Post by Philipp »

Recently I found out that the font created by FontCreator of the latest versions is not displayed correctly in some programs.
sshot-2.png
sshot-2.png (671.6 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Long tormented in search of problem of font itself. Nothing came out. However, after replacement of the font on created in FontCreator earlier versions, all began to be displayed correctly, as it is supposed.
sshot-1.png
sshot-1.png (632.5 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
I tried to compile the same old version of my font in the latest version of FontCreator and the bug reappeared. However, the font export settings have not changed...
What's the problem?
Erwin Denissen

Re: A font export bug in the latest versions of FontCreator?

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It is most likely an issue with the shaping engine in your application.

Can you try to isolate the issue by downsizing the font and export it in both current and former version of FontCreator?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Philipp

Post by Philipp »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:05 pm It is most likely an issue with the shaping engine in your application.

Can you try to isolate the issue by downsizing the font and export it in both current and former version of FontCreator?
 I would be happy to do this, only by imprudence I removed the previous versions of FontCreator. Where would one get them?
 In addition, as I said, I exported the previous version of my font, which was displayed correctly, by the current FontCreator. This gave the same bug. Illustrations you can see in the topic. Therefore, if the new version of the font were exported, there would be no distortion. But those previous versions of FontCreator incorrectly exported color glyphs.
 I don't have a good knowledge of the font export mechanism. Therefore, should to your advice, if any. There is no wish to switch to another font application because of this problem, just as it's sad to lose so much time learning and work done using FontCreator.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can find older versions here:
https://www.high-logic.com/registration-codes
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Philipp

Post by Philipp »

 Hi Erwin! Your link contains the general versions of FontCreator (13, 12, 11...). However, the problem appeared in one of the 14th versions. I found version 14.2794. I exported that my font project. The problem is gone.
sshot-3.png
sshot-3.png (536.4 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
 Thus, this bug appeared in one of the subsequent versions up to the current one. So You already know where to look. What else could I do to help you?

By the way, the export settings are the same in all cases.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Without a font to test, we can't tell for sure, but we think it is most likely an issue with the software you use to display the font.

If it is bug on our side, we would really love to fix it.

Does the font work okay in both versions if you remove all OpenType layout features?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology