Metrics is not shown in Font Properties?

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
BParkoff

Metrics is not shown in Font Properties?

Post by BParkoff »

Hi,

I use FontCreator 14 evaluation version. I opened the Font Properties dialog. I did not see Metrics tab below General tab. I have no way to adjust the values of Win Ascent, Win Deascent, Caps Height and X Height unless Metrics needs to be shown in Font Properties.

I checked FontCreator 14 user guide manual. The picture in the manual shows that Metrics is there in Font Properties.

My question is: Do I need to upgrade from evaluation version to Home or Standard Edition of FontCreator 14 before Metrics will be activated and shown in Font Properties?

Please confirm.

Kindly,
Bryan Parkoff
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Metrics is not shown in Font Properties?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

You don't need to register to test FontCreator thoroughly. The limitations are on exporting fonts.

The Font Metrics are on the Masters tab of the Font Properties Panel.

CapHeight, x-height, etc., are calculated values based on the glyphs in the font. The x-height is literally the height of the lowercase x above the baseline. CapsHeight is based on the height of Capital H.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486