Editing the OpenType Code all at once

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
xonoa

Editing the OpenType Code all at once

Post by xonoa »

Hello,

This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it: is it possible, in the newest version of Font Creator, to edit a font's OT code all at once, rather than by individual lookup or feature? I would like to be able to pull the existing code out into a single document, edit it in a separate text editor , and then put the whole thing back into FC.

I think this might have been possible in the past, as some of the topics on this forum seems to have code that is all together rather than separated by feature, including things like group definitions. I don't know if that was just a stylistic choice by the poster of those code snippets, or actual code input for the program.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Editing the OpenType Code all at once

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Unless I misunderstood, one can already edit the entire code in the OpenType code editor, or one can edit individual features and lookups.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
xonoa

Post by xonoa »

That looks like what I've seen in the historical posts, but I was unsure if it still existed. I cannot figure out how to open that window, and that page in the manual doesn't appear to explain how to do so.

What is the button or hotkey used to open that editor? I'm sure I'm just blind, but I couldn't figure it out.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Look at the help for the OpenType Designer.
  • Ctrl+F8 opens the OpenType Designer
  • The button to open the code editor is at the bottom
  • Ctrl+F8 will also edit the selected lookup table. There is an icon at the top to do that too.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
xonoa

Post by xonoa »

Yup, as I suspected, I'm just blind.

Thanks for your help.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I think the layout of the dialog could be improved. Maybe in the next version.