Missing ASCII Character &

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
MainType0640

Missing ASCII Character &

Post by MainType0640 »

I am using a fully patched 64-bit Windows 10 system. Why does the latest version (or any of the previous versions (4) I have used) of MainType not display the ASCII Character & for the code point 0x26 (ampersand) (It displays a blank.) in the Characters Panel or the Zoom Panel for any font? It displays the glyph for 0x26 and other code points correctly and it displays the ASCII Characters for other code points in a font but not for 0x26.

The ampersand works fine in text and other user applications on the system such as Microsoft Character Map, Notepad and Word.

I do have another font manager, nexusfont from xiles, on the system and it displays the ASCII Character & for 0x26 but not the glyph in its Charmap (similar capability to MainType's Characters Panel) so maybe the problem is in some configuration setting of the system.

Thanks
Erwin Denissen

Re: Missing ASCII Character &

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It shows just fine here. Can you provide a screenshot that shows the issue?
Ampersand.png
Ampersand.png (39.1 KiB) Viewed 6032 times
Also what do you see when you change the preview text above the Font List panel to:
You && Me &S?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
MainType0640

Post by MainType0640 »

When I put "You && Me &S" in the Preview Text in the Font List or the Sample Panel, it displays just fine. Your screen shot looks exactly like mine would. If you look at the rectangle for 0x26, it has the code point and the glyph but the upper right corner is blank when it should have "&" in it like 0x25 has "%", 0x27 has "'", 0x28 has "(", etc.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I see the same issue. Definitely looks like a trivial bug. I guess one might need to see it if the glyph has no ampersand contour in that font, or it is something very different to the usual &.
Missing Ampersand.png
Missing Ampersand.png (5.78 KiB) Viewed 6020 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I know understand, I was looking at the wrong spot. Thank you for letting us know. This issue will be fixed with the next upcoming major release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology