[CLOSED] Outline gone on export to .glyphs format

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
shibli313

[CLOSED] Outline gone on export to .glyphs format

Post by shibli313 »

I exported a large file into .glyphs format and now all its outlines are gone in Glyphs app.
Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 12.58.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 12.58.27 PM.png (572.25 KiB) Viewed 4323 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: Outline gone on export to .glyphs format

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Can you try to minimize the issue by downsizing the font and then send over the font and the exported .glyphs file?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
shibli313

Post by shibli313 »

It was a problem in my Glyphs app plugins, so as I updated them the issue was solved.
But I've another issue with FC15. Last version I used was 13. In v13 I'd export font with TT/OT setting and it would export it with PS .otf. It worked great then. But when I updated to FC15 (32b as I use it in MacBook Pro M1 Max Parallel Desktop which supports only 32 bit apps) first thing I noticed that it was a lot slow compared to 13 in any editing process. The second and the bigger issue for me, that font export from the same .fcp is now TT and it has many errors in glyphs mapping resulting in the pile of errors in the existing documents using that font.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

shibli313 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:04 am It was a problem in my Glyphs app plugins, so as I updated them the issue was solved.
Good to know this issue is not related to our font editor.
shibli313 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:04 am But I've another issue with FC15. Last version I used was 13. In v13 I'd export font with TT/OT setting and it would export it with PS .otf. It worked great then. But when I updated to FC15 (32b as I use it in MacBook Pro M1 Max Parallel Desktop which supports only 32 bit apps) first thing I noticed that it was a lot slow compared to 13 in any editing process. The second and the bigger issue for me, that font export from the same .fcp is now TT and it has many errors in glyphs mapping resulting in the pile of errors in the existing documents using that font.
1. Let us know what part is specifically slow, and we will look into it.

2. You should be able to set the font format in the Export dialog. Can you be more specific about the errors, as I really don't understand this.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology