Some of the letters are double spaced

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
KieranleFay

Some of the letters are double spaced

Post by KieranleFay »

Hi I'm new here, I hope I'm posting on the right forum. I'm also new to this program and new to font creation in general and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out why some of the letters are double spaced? l, D, T, and p, I can't figure out why. I even went into programs, saw there was some noise on some of them deleted it and they're still double spaced, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
בן של מלך

Re: Some of the letters are double spaced

Post by בן של מלך »

KieranleFay wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:04 pm Hi I'm new here, I hope I'm posting on the right forum. I'm also new to this program and new to font creation in general and I was wondering if someone could help me figure out why some of the letters are double spaced? l, D, T, and p, I can't figure out why. I even went into programs, saw there was some noise on some of them deleted it and they're still double spaced, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Can you elaborate more with screenshots?
KieranleFay

Post by KieranleFay »

Like this. Notice the small L, the and D and T.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (104.96 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This looks more like a font generated with Scanahand. If so, then the template might contain some tiny spots than make the generator believe those are part of the characters.

In case you imported the images into FontCreator, then just change the left and right side-bearings.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
KieranleFay

Post by KieranleFay »

I used scan a hand but I thought I got all the dots and things. I deleted the L and redrew it in the program to see if that was the issue. Thanks for all your help i figured it out you have to pull the right lines and the left lines together.