[FIXED] Glyphs Are Losing Code Points In Export

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
gbmhunter

[FIXED] Glyphs Are Losing Code Points In Export

Post by gbmhunter »

Hi, I am having an issue where certain glyphs are losing their code points when I export to a font file from within FontCreator.

I have created glyphs for some of the typically unprintable ASCII control characters, as shown below.
image1.png
image1.png (58.65 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
When I export to make a font file (I'm exporting to Web fonts) most of these work (incl. 0x00 to 0x07). However, some, like the highlighted one (backspace, BS, code point 0x08) some of the glyphs lose their code point information and fail to render. 0x08 and 0x09 lose their code points, and 0x0A starts working again.

The below screenshot shows what I see when I open up the exported .woff2 file in FontCreator. The code point (0x08) is missing from the Glyph. It also does not work when I load the font file into browser and try and display the code points (0x00 thru 0x07 work fine, 0x08-0x09 do not, 0x0A.. work well).
image2.png
image2.png (60.44 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
I have unchecked "Tools->Options->Fonts->Exclude unused glyphs", this was needed to even get 0x00 to 0x07 exporting.
Erwin Denissen

Re: Glyphs Are Losing Code Points In Export

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This issue will be fixed with the next upcoming release.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
gbmhunter

Post by gbmhunter »

Thanks that's great to hear Erwin! I happy to pay for a license for FontCreator if this issue is fixed (currently on the 30-day trial, this bug makes the software unusable for my use case). Any ETA on when the next release might be?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We released the update two days ago, October 23th, 2023.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
gbmhunter

Post by gbmhunter »

Thanks Erwin! Can confirm that it is working now.