[REQ]Create font with crowns on top

Post general font related questions (e.g. how to install, convert and use fonts) and requests (looking for fonts, designers etc.) here.
portugyal

[REQ]Create font with crowns on top

Post by portugyal »

Is there anyone willing to make me a font with the letter in Edwardian Script ITC, but edited so that it has crowns on top?
Thanks for your time :D
Portugyal
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Insert Contour

Post by Dave Crosby »

Things like this are simple for you to do yourself.

Open any glyph editing window (on a font you have the right to edit) and select "Insert Countour."
Insert as many points as you want, then close the contour by double clicking on the first point. Move the points to the places you want, change them to on or off curve points, and when you have them the way you want, change from point to contour mode.

You will then have your crown. select it and copy it to the clipboard. Use the blue arrows to move to the next glyph and paste, repeat.

You are done unles you wish to move the crown down onto the glyph, select all contours and get union of contours.

Piece of cake!
Aut nunc aut nunquam
portugyal

Post by portugyal »

Sorry, I don't understand a word you said :(
I'm fairly new to computers and I found this site on google and it seemed an appropiate place to ask a question like mine. Hopefully someone kind would accomplish this task for me plz? :lol:
portugyal

Re: [REQ]Create font with crowns on top

Post by portugyal »

portugyal wrote:Is there anyone willing to make me a font with the letter in Edwardian Script ITC, but edited so that it has crowns on top? I only want the letter B,D,P,A And X plz!
Thanks for your time :D
Portugyal
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Dick Pape »

Thanks for asking. Might be interested...

As davecrosby said, using Font Creator, even within the 30 days free trial period, would be a straightforward effort for you to undertake. You know what you want and will get the immediate gratification of your own font.

Have you designed the crowns? Do you know how / where they should be placed on the B,D,P,A and X? Grab a copy of Edwardian Script ITC and start drawing!!

How much would you pay for this font?