On a roll

A central location highlighting fonts created with FontCreator and/or Scanahand. Post information about your fonts here.
Dick Pape
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

On a roll

Post by Dick Pape »

I just finished transcribing and editing two more fonts which are even worse than those Floral ornaments of the other day. These don't have a lot of details and are not very complicated images but their point count also exceeds common courtesy.

There are two subjects:
--Backgrounds or design patterns
--Specially drawn clip art

These were all sketched by the same individual therefore have the same overall characteristics -- which has meant they are very large (and slow loading) with a lot of very small details. This leads to a very light feeling font. Unless they are shown at very large point sizes the details will not be visible.

http://rapidshare.com/users/A1SO0F

The clip art contains a glyph (unmapped) that has 63147 points. It looks fairly normal:

On closer examination the right foot alone looks reasonable also:

In point mode of course there's 2623 points in that foot -- the normal size of 2 or 3 regular images:

It's been an experience to learn about scanning, importing and "adjusting" and also about forgetting about it...
DPape
Last edited by Dick Pape on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Awed!

Post by Dave Crosby »

Font Creator can now do some amazing things!

And to think a few short years ago I was struggling to make my version of Arial (Helvetica, Grotesque, etc.)

Excellent limit pushing Dick!
Aut nunc aut nunquam